Chinese Medicine is one of the oldest medical systems in the world. It has supported the emotional wellbeing of East Asian populations for over 5000+ years, proliferating into the West over the last 50 years. Instead of acting as a band aid or stop-gap, Chinese medicine offers holistic, total healing for your anxiety and depression. Acupuncture is the primary treatment given. For anxiety and depression, additional treatments include Chinese herbs based on medical pulse diagnosis and Emotional Energy Release, my unique approach to restore a positive relationship with oneself, the past, and the world.
Anxiety is a common term covering a whole host of disorders that each have their own subjective reality. The most common forms are:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
- A chronic disease that gives you anxiety
Depression is an illness characterized by certain symptoms, not just sadness or the blues. It involves a persistently depressed mood or loss of interest or pleasure accompanied by other symptoms, the most common listed below:
- Changes in weight and appetite
- Inability to concentrate
- Having negative thoughts and worrying about the future
- Feeling irritable, tired, or agitated
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Feeling hopeless about the future
- Having thoughts of suicide
Chinese Medicine and Anxiety/Depression
Chinese Medicine focuses on treating the root of the disorder.
Anxiety and depression are our response to overwhelming and/or constant stress. This stress could be the result of mounting emotional suffering from trauma and/or negative thought patterns, nutritional deficiencies, allergies to environmental influences, etc. (New studies are demonstrating significantly higher anxiety and depression rates among those that have gotten COVID.)
Both anxiety and depression start in the mental-spiritual aspect as tension, tightness, resistance and separation. The body recognizes this and engages its animalistic survival mechanism, cutting off our natural integration and self-regulation functions. This state is self-perpetuating, as negative thought patterns continually stress the body, which perceives the threat as real, even if they pertain to the past or future. The resulting “chemical imbalance,” which is the basis for prescription medications, is merely the physical manifestation this perceived threat.
Treating the “Root” of Anxiety/Depression
Having treated thousands of cases of anxiety and depression with Chinese medicine over the last 20 years, I have developed an effective, 3-part solution to shift out of that animalistic survival mechanism and into your natural state of love, joy and peace, aka wellbeing:
- Acupuncture – Naturally promotes a calming and relaxing effect for the body. Releases endorphins to benefit “chemical imbalance”, assists the body in integration and restores self-regulation.
- Chinese herbs – Invigorate blood flow for optimal nutrition of cells in every tissue and structure of the body. Reduce toxicity and inflammation to restore adrenal function and decrease stress and cortisol levels. Rebalance the Chinese medical pulse which extends relief past the treatment cycle.
- Emotional Energy Release – Helps patients find resolution for traumas and offenses, including thoughts surrounding separation, guilt and shame. From a spiritual perspective, it is these judgements that are the “root of the root” of depression. Techniques are taught to counter negative thought patterns in the moment. Energy work speeds up the forgiveness process by dumping several “injustices” each treatment.